Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Things I Won't Eat

Here is a short list of things I don't like, never liked, never did like:
Mushrooms
Liver
Offal in general
Mussels, clams
Any anal part of any animal
Rocky mountain oysters
Blood [insert dish here] (sausage, pudding, soup)
Insects
Eyes
Products made with aspic

Now, I consider myself adventurous.  I like octopus and squid; I've eaten and enjoyed beef tongue; I've eaten raw meat and eggs (steak tartare.)  It's just that some things are too revolting or make me too squeamish to eat.  It's a mixture of the texture and taste (liver is hideous in both aspects), or sometimes just texture (aspic) or just taste (blood sausage.)  Beyond some of these, the worst of the worst, I generally consider myself a non-picky eater and enjoy a great many dishes and cuisines.  I'm not above stooping to try something like eel or hakarl, even if I think they're gross, but I do have a few "will not eat" foods, regardless of the situation.  I don't care if the Queen is serving it, I won't eat liver.

23 comments:

Daron said...

Everything you listed, I completely agree with, except liver, I love liver ):

Bohica said...

Ewww I can't eat blood in anything, I like my steak burnt to a crisp!

blasphenomenon said...

I hate mushrooms, unless it's the magic kind:)

soccernews said...

i agree with your do not eat list !

AG said...

heeey whats good

Arnold's said...

I aggre nate.

Daily supp./follow

David Davidson said...

I love mushrooms unless it's the Asian kind and I agree, liver is disgusting.

Anonymous said...

i hate muschroom and fish. The rest is a GOGO .

Supp mate

Nona said...

supporting mushrooms :P

llllollllll said...

I hate mushrooms and liver.

Emanuel said...

Eww liver.

Dave said...

lots of people are fussy about mushrooms.. nout wrong with a bacon and mushroom sandwich imo hehe

Jehrin said...

I love mushrooms! good post btw

Gardner-Warrior said...

Mushrooms just aren't my thing. It's not that I won't refuse to eat them on pizza or something, it's just that I never buy, cook, or order them myself.

Shelby Fox said...

Lol @ "Anything anal"

Skutt Panda PO said...

i dont luike mushroom :)))

remzi said...

I hate liver

pat washington said...

insects are awesome

franzo330 said...

hah i wouldnt eat most of those things either

lulz88 said...

good list of disgusting foods

Andromeda said...

Gotta say I wouldnt eat an eye

Ace Hahn said...

Oh my god, i absolutely have to try this out.

Rich200 said...

I'm in the same boat as you, Mushrooms make me feel ill, i don't like blood pudding.

But my steak, i enjoy medium rare, medium at most.